Monday, November 14, 2011

Sorry it's been awhile....

Well, it has been awhile since I last blogged because I can't seem to remember any passwords.
Let's see if I can catch everyone up on what's been going on in our family. We have been extremely busy. Let me start with me - I just stay in the car ALL the time. I might as well move all my stuff in there because the only time I seem to be at home is to cook, clean, and do laundry! I think I need to ask for new tires for Christmas. LOL!
Evans is busy with band, playing the trombone, art club on Tuesday mornings, scouts on Tuesday nights, youth group on Wednesday nights at church. He is also enjoying dances once a month at school and basketball games with friends on Monday and Thursdays once a month.
Wilson keeps us busy with guitar club on Tuesday mornings (yes, I am in two places at once because I am SuperMom, ha), choir/bible study on Wednesday nights.
Both of the boys social calendar seems busier than ours. They are growing up so fast, can't believe that we will be parents to a 12 and 10 year old next spring. Time is flying by and I am constantly trying to keep my focus on the here and now and not what the future will bring. This only come from the Lord.
George and I have been traveling some - we recently were on a trip to Cancun with best friends who moved to Charlotte last year. It was one of the best trips! We are planning another trip next year with them, Jamie and Elliott. After returning from that trip, we were home for 4 days and left for Hot Springs, AR to celebrate David Cook's 40th Birthday! He and GB were frat brothers and roommates. The look on his face when he walked into the party room was priceless.
GB has been busy at work, traveling more than ever. We look at the calendar the other night and he has only been home a week or so in the last six weeks. We are done traveling except for Thanksgiving, where we will be traveling to my parents this year. The boys are happy that we staying home for awhile (til February anyway)! While we love our boys, GB and I love to get away and relax and enjoy each others company. We celebrated 13 years of marriage in October! I am lucky to have a wonderful, Godly husband; best friend and an awesome dad to Evans and Wilson. The Lord truly blessed me when he sent GB.
I hope the rest of this year brings days that will be focused on being thankful for what the Lord has provided and that we will focus on Him during Christmas, not was is under the tree.

No comments: