Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Time



Seems like I am always playing catch up on this blog. Someone commented the other day that they keep up with the Bairds by reading my blog, well there isn't much here. Anyway, let's see if I can catch up.
March seemed busy - Evans turned 12, yes a pre-teen!! He asked for a low key party, with a couple of friends and dinner at the Rendezvous. Do you know how much 3 preteen boys can eat? Then we were back home for a sleepover and Xbox games.
Spring break was the following week and we spent a few days in Nashville as a family. We toured The Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home because Wilson had just finished a report on him. We also enjoyed seeing the Parthenon beacuse Evans has been studying World History. We spent several hours at the science museum. Even though we weren't far from home, we still ran into people from church or school! One of the best things we did was enjoy a gourmet popsicle from Las Paletas! I had seen a story on this place in Southern Living magazine and thought we should try it out. It was sooooo good! The boys had a mexican hot chocolate popsicle, dad had kiwi strawberry and I had chocolate chili popsicle. Yes, there was a hint of spicyness that hit that back of your throat, but I could have had one every day while there. This place is on 12th Avenue S and only takes cash.

I am now preparing (and have been for some time) for a trip to China next week. Will be traveling with a friend from CUMC and we will be volunteering in an orphanage while there. The BIG question is "are you coming home with a baby?" To tell the truth, that had never crossed my mind when planning on going. Until the Lords calls on us to do so, we are content. We will cross that bridge, if and when.
Grandmothers are funny sometimes and mine asked "did George approve of you going on this trip"? Yes he did, we have prayed about it and have been forunate to have the funds to send me on such a trip.
I am very excited and can't wait to love on some sweet kids and to see what the Lord has in store while there. I will definitely update when I return.

Wilson will be celebrating a birthday in a few weeks - our baby will be 10 years old! Oh where does the time go. Will post again after his birthday.

Happy Easter this Sunday! The Lord is Risen, Risen indeed!!!!!

No comments: