Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School



Today is the first day of school, new experiences and adventures for the boys. Yesterday at church, for the first time, our boys and other children were asked to bring their backpacks for a "blessing of the backpacks" - what a neat experience and a way to start out our school year. Knowing that the Lord has gone before the boys and is protecting them this year is reassuring to this momma!
Evans was up at 6:09 this morning! I heard him downstairs in the kitchen getting something to eat. He won't admit it, but I do believe that he was a little nervous about starting middle school this morning. He was ready to get dressed and everything, but I reassured him that he had plenty of time. Last night before bed, he asked me several times about setting my alarm so that he wouldn't be late. Then when walking to the bus stop (yes, he got on the bus this morning and it is NOT cool for your momma to walk to the bus stop with you), he kept yelling at me from down the street, "are you sure this is the right corner?" Yes son, it is. I will confess that I stood across the street and watched him at the bus stop as long as I could, but didn't not get to see him get on the bus - LOL.
Wilson on the other hand, is SO close to his elementary school that he is riding his bike to school. So he took off with Daddy and I walking behind with all the school supplies. He is excited about this new experience and seeing his best friend every day although they are not in the same class. He didn't seem nervous at all, just quiet as Daddy and I left. I just wanted to stay in the hallway and peek in the door at him to see what he was doing - our baby is in the 4th grade!
Just so you know, this momma did not shed ONE tear and knows that my Lord has a plan for the boys and is their Protector. I am looking forward to what He has in store for both of them this year.

No comments: