Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Roads are HOT!

Yes, I said it "the roads are HOT", under my tires that is. The boys are keeping us so busy that I am not a stay at home mom, I'm at stay in the car mom. Let's see if I can recount what they are up to these days: Evans is in the 6th grade and busy with band, playing the trombone, art club, youth group at church and scouts. Wilson who is a fourth grader is involved in guitar club, scouts, soccer and activities on Wednesday night at church. This doesn't count the countless playdates and birthday parties. I recently told someone that the boys social calendar is busier than ours.
We are enjoying this time as we see them grow up and mature. When we are not in the car, the four of us are at home hanging out together.
Their recent questions have been about an "allowance". Recently I was listening to Dave Ramsey talk on this very subject and he said that in their house they implimented "commissions" - you work, you get paid, no work, no pay! BINGO, that's what the Bairds are doing. Another problem we seem to have is too much time with elecetronics, so I found a cute way to make them "pay". I made (yes, I got crafty one day) them tech tickets. Each ticket is worth 30 minutes of time and when your out, your out. There are bonus tickets, if you have been extra nice to your brother or have done something without being asked - haven't given any bonus tickets out yet, hmmmm.
Well, that's about it for the 4 Bairds. Hope to remember to update soon!

No comments: